Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rylan's First Day of Pre-School!

She woke up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy.
Ate her breakfast at the counter, Carla did her hair all pretty.
Brushed her teeth in the bathroom with her kidde toothpaste.
This way when she left out the door her breath didn't smell like waste.

Talkin' funky dunky polish on her toes, toes.
Night before laid out her clothes, clothes.
Boys better not be using phones, phones... yet.
Radio playing all our favourite songs.
Pullin' up to the pre-school,
Mom got a little bit weepy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today, Tuesday September 7th, 2010, was a big day in the McFarlane/Blay household.
Our baby girl started pre-school.

She did amazingly well. We got there a little early and had to wait for her designated drop off time of 9:05am. She looked so cute with her little french braid pig tails and mini backpack.
Obviously I brought my camera!

Photobucket

Photobucket

When 9:05 finally arrived Rylan rang the door bell and away we went!
All of us (Tony, Tatum, Rylan and I) walked down the steps to the entrance of the school.
Mrs. C was there to greet us, so we all gave Rylan a big kiss and off she went to find her very own hook and to meet her classmates.

Photobucket

Tony headed to work, and Tatum and I headed out with no agenda. As we pulled away, I felt some chest tightness and my eyes well up. It felt like a dream. There is no way my little Christmas baby was old enough to start pre-school!

Tatum and I stopped a Chapter's. I love Chapter's. I had a Chai tea from Starbucks to try to sooth myself and Tatum and I hung out in the newly renovated children's area for a while. It felt really weird to have only one kid with me. I forgot how easy it was!!

11:15 came quickly. (We were told to pick them up early on the first day as not to give them a sense of abandonment.) Tony met us at the school to pick her up too and we all went out for lunch to celebrate.
Rylan had a great first day. She met her friends and her teacher. She played in the sand and coloured with markers with Julianna. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Rylan!! What a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, she is so beautiful! What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montessori was a good choice according to Jessica and she says, "way to go Rylan"! It was definitely a nice head start for Jessica.

    ReplyDelete