Monday, March 7, 2011

Damn Technology

I'm hooked. Anyone that knows me, knows that my phone is always within a 3cm radius. No exceptions, not even while sleeping. I text a lot... probably more than your average teenager. Just so you have an idea, I have sent 2298 messages and received 2273 in 20 days. I justify this ridiculous amount of texts by my lack of actually using my phone as a phone. I NEVER make outgoing calls unless completely necessary and have only used 21 minutes of air time during the same time period. I'm pretty sure 15 of those minutes are from me calling for a cab for over an hour on Saturday night too. Anyway, now that you get how hooked (or how much time is wasted) on my phone, you can appreciate the devastation I went through after 2 wee little hands let go of it while standing over tile floor... I picked it up, turned it over and saw this
My heart broke. I called Tony (take note, outgoing call!) to vent my frustration and hoped that he would be able to find a way to get it fixed. In about 10 minutes I had the name and number of my latest hero. A man that can replace iPhone 4 screens for a small fee (I keep telling myself it's small) of $180 in a matter of minutes, if he had any in stock. Thankfully my phone still works although horribly disfigured. The new screens come in Wednesday or Thursday, conveniently the 2 days I'm working from 8am - 8pm. I will have to survive with my iPhone 4G (G for ghetto in this case) until Friday morning. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I would be SO lost without my iPhone... It's been my constant companion since I got it last Christmas. Best of luck making it through a couple of work days without it!

    ReplyDelete