Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Missin' my brother...

I'm back... told you I would be back soon!
I'm having a huge "I miss Kevin" day. For those of you who don't know, he is in Afghanistan with the Canadian Forces. He has been gone for 1 month, 1 day. Today I added one of his colleagues as my friend on facebook and he had a couple of recent pictures of Kevin up. It was great to see him. He had the biggest smile on his face, and he looks so tanned... and young! I think either he has lost weight over there or is wearing a shirt slightly too big. He is wearing a Sarnia Fire Department shirt my Uncle Tom had given him as part of the Heros to Heros program. Police, Fire, Ambulance, etc. send over shirts or uniforms to soldiers. Kevin had 250 shirts sent to him recently! I need to remember to talk to my supervisors about doing this... we've gotta have a couple of old PCEMS shirts lying around!
Anyway, I miss him. I know that normally I wouldn't see him right now because he would be in New Brunswick... but I could at least send him the odd text message and call him whenever I wanted to! Miss you Kevin! We are proud of you!

On to some Rylan news... yesterday her and I went shopping. We made a purchase that is a big deal in our house right now. A potty! She loves her potty... she doesn't use it in the conventional way, yet. Right now she likes to use it as a juice storage center, a step stool to reach things she should be reaching, and well it appears that Blue Bear has taken a couple of leaks in it.
She knows what it is "potty!" and she knows that "pee pee" goes in it when you ask her where pee pee goes. We aren't going to start the actual potty training process yet, but we wanted her to get used to see it around. My goal is to have her use it before baby # 2 gets here... maybe not exclusively, but at least use it the odd time!

I hope we aren't making too many big changes for her all at once. We want to move her over to her big girl bed next month. We were hoping to ditch the soother... but that might be on hold for a while. She only uses it to sleep right now, but I think if baby # 2 takes to a soother, it might be a challenge to keep Rylan's soother in the bedroom. We shall see! Oh my baby's growing up!

Well, I should go clean up the sprinkle of peas all over the kitchen floor. Rylan has developed this great habit of throwing anything she doesn't want to eat onto the floor. Lily loves it, but unfortunately for me, Lily doesn't love peas!

1 comment:

  1. I love this...candid updates in the life of a busy mom, wife, sister, daughter. I am so proud of you, Paula...keep blogging on!

    ReplyDelete