Saturday, August 29, 2009

Where is baby?

So... I'm officially overdue. I never thought that would happen in a million years!
I don't even feel like this baby will be coming out anytime soon. I mean sure, I've had a few contractions and a couple other signs that indicate that the baby could come at anytime... but in my gut, I know s/he will keep me waiting even longer. I really don't want to be induced this time. I would like to experience what it's like to go into labour naturally. My next appointment with Dr. Crumley isn't until September 3rd and she said we would discuss induction then. Keep your fingers crossed that baby comes out before then!

I measured the circumference of my belly last night, just for fun. 47"... 47"!!! What?! That's 1" shy of 4 feet!! I'm only 5'1" tall! No wonder I'm so off balance!

Here is a picture of me last night... 40 weeks.
I am "full of baby" as Dr. Crumley would say. She was guesstimating that baby is on the high end of average in terms of weight. But she was just doing that by feel with her hands on my tummy. She guess around 8lbs. I hope she is right! I'm nervous about how big this baby could potentially be since Rylan came 2 weeks early and weighed 8lbs, 40zs. I have only gained 16lbs with this pregnancy so far and gained 25lbs total with Rylan. So who knows!?

Anyway, Rylan is napping, so I'm going to follow her lead and sleep the days away until baby # 2 decides to come out and meet the world! I'm sure Tony will appreciate a few hours without me around... I am miserable!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope it happens for you soon, Paula! A friend of mine is now 12 days overdue, and is being induced tomorrow finally. I can't even imagine the discomfort. I guess it's all worth it in the end though. Best of luck, can't wait to see pictures of the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 days!?! OMG... give that girl a high-five for me! I wouldn't mind going 11 if I absolutely had to... it would give baby a birthday of 09-09-09!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, she just posted new pictures of the belly and she looks soooo uncomfortable. She deserves a medal - and it's her third kid! A birthday of 09/09/09 would be cool, but somehow I feel like babies won't play along with things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, maybe I'll shoot for 09/09/09. Never thought of it. That would only be 11 days early, seems reasonable. A girl can dream hey?

    ReplyDelete