Sunday, December 6, 2009

All potty, all the time... ok most of the time!

So Rylan has taken well to the potty. We tried the 1/2 naked method where she just runs around bottomless for a few days. It really worked well. By day 5 she wasn't even telling us she had to go, she would just sit on the potty, pee/poo and then tell us about it after! It was great!
Yesterday we tried incorporating underwear into the equation. It wasn't accepted as well as we had hoped. I think Rylan thought they acted like a diaper and just kept peeing in them! Today she peed a little then would tell us, so we'd help her get her get to the potty in time to finish. I guess it's progress? I'm really starting to wonder how to get my kid back into pants without a diaper! Any suggestions?!

I feel like I never chat about Tatum! She is such a wonderful baby... so calm, quiet, eats, sleeps, she is a dream! Rylan was also a dream at this age (still is)... I guess I'm just lucky or I will really pay for it when they're teenagers!

Tatum smiles so often and could cheer up the gloomiest of people. It melts my heart!
We tried her out in the Jolly Jumper this weekend for the first time. She really seems to like it. She taps her feet but hasn't mastered jumping yet. Rylan tries to help her jump... it's cute! They seem to really love each other. And I can't begin to tell you how much I love them! <3

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a tip for you! Sofia did exactly the same thing (for months). She was incredible at using the potty if she was naked but considered her underpants or pants as diapers. I did put her in dresses so her bottom could be naked, that seemed to work. I got the bonus of potty training in the summer though, much easier to have a naked bum.
    Oh, and something else I did... Once an hour I took her and sat her on the potty. That seemed to decrease the number of wet panties. After we established things we started leaving her for longer stretches.

    ReplyDelete