Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's my potty and I'll cry if I want to!

It has begun. The dreaded chore of potty training. I have been talking about starting potty training Rylan for a few months now and finally decided to bite the bullet and start.
We start our day off by watching "The Potty Movie for Girls". Today is day 2. So far we have had 11 pees and 2 poops in the potty and 6 pee accidents total.
Pretty good for our first 2 days I think. I decided to try something I read a long time ago. I have been letting Rylan run around like a crazy woman with no pants on. No diaper, no underwear, no pants. Just the cutest little bare bum running around. I have also been bringing the potty into whatever room we're in and giving out Smarties as a reward. To get her on the potty every hour or after a drink I ask her what colour of Smarties she would like. To which she replies, "purple, black". So I put a purple one in one hand and a black (brown) one in the other hand. She sits calmly on the potty and finishes her Smarties. When she does her business on the potty, I let her grab a handful of Smarties out of the box to celebrate along with numerous hugs, kisses and high fives. Rylan is still sporting a diaper for naps and night time. I am hoping to get her out of a diaper for naps in the next 2 weeks and then we will work on the over night thing.
Anyway, I'm tired and off to bed. We have Christmas photos in Stratford tomorrow... hopefully they turn out fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, Paula! I've heard it's easier to potty train when you're at home with a second baby, so I hope things go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a trick for night training I'd love to hear it. (Email me) I am going with the theory that she will just train herself. After her diapers were dry at naptime for a week I stopped putting a diaper on her. After 4 months she still has accidents but only about once a week. Nighttime however is still diaper territory and I'm sure it will be that way for a long time. She has never had a dry diaper in the morning and the only time she asks to pee in the middle of the night is when she's stalling about going back to sleep!

    ReplyDelete