Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bye, Bye Junk Food!

Well, it's been a few weeks since I've posted about my weight loss mission, so I figure I better update!
First of all, for the past 3 weeks (although I did take a week off last week!) I have been doing the Globe and Mail's 10 weeks to 10km. On Friday I also purchased some healthy eating books online. Could be a scam, but I thought I would give it a try. 9 books for $50, it was worth the risk to me.
Anyway, I have read all the books and I think I have the concept down. It's basically zero sugar, zero chemicals (if you can't read the word on the label, don't buy it!) and single ingredient foods. Of course you can mix your single ingredient foods to become a meal, but just can't buy anything processed. Also, try to go organic if possible. Pricey, but after reading about all the chemicals that seep into our fruits and veggies, I'm game for organic.
On Sunday I decided to start my new lifestyle of healthy eating. I won't call it a diet, because I hope to transform my eating habits for life. It's been pretty good so far... lots of food to choose from and if I feel hungry, I try to eat a protein type food vs. a carb and I'm already losing inches!! I'm not sure about weight yet because I'm going to the gym for my 40 mins of cardio + strength training and will weigh myself there.
Here are my measurements for today...
Chest: 40.5" (starting point 41")
Waist: 37.5" (39")
Hips: 37" (37")
I'm off to the gym now to watch Sarah's House, uh I'm mean work out!
Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I wanted to let you know your blog is awesome.
    I think that I will take a note from you and measure myself so that I am not so concerned with pounds as I am with seeing changes in my body! Its hard being a mom and woman who takes care of herself at the same time!! I know! My daughter is only 2 and I am pooped all the time!
    I just started a blog on the side of my main blog called 52 pounds in 52 weeks. I would love to have someone like you sound in once in a while with a comment or two! It sure can be hard without support!
    Keep up the good work and stop by sometime!!!!
    52pounds-52weeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a nice comment! Just in time too... because although I've lost inches, I still weigh the same!! How is this possible?! Oh well, it's not important, what's important is that I'm on the right track towards a healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete