Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I'm a paramedic once again!

Today was day 2 of the rest of my life. I'm a working mom again. Since we probably won't be having anymore children, this feeling is bitter. Yep, bitter, not bitter sweet. No more extended leaves of absence from work ever again. :(

It was 17 degrees here in London, Ontario today... in March! I spent the entire day indoors getting retrained to go back on the trucks. I was pretty nervous as it I haven't worked since May 6th, 2009... yikes! We had to do a test and score 80% in order to become re-certified... I passed! 94%! Not bad from someone who hadn't cracked a book for 10 months!

I actually did pretty well today and am feeling a lot more confident about going back out into the real world. I have 3 shift riding out as a 3rd member of a full crew and after that it's all on me. If there is someone looking out for me... PLEASE don't give me any horrific calls for at least a month after I've been back! I've typically been a white cloud with the odd exception and I'm okay if that resumes.

Watch out Perth County residents... I'M BACK!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment