Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Everybody should own a DYSON!

After talking about it for a year, we finally bit the bullet and bought a new vacuum. Now this isn't just your ordinary vacuum, it's a Dyson! I had heard a lot of good things about them over the years, but the price was always a big deterrent for me. What if I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars and it's really not as good as I had heard? Plus our house is roughed in for central vac, so we had to decide if we were going to go that route or not. Anyway... here's my story about me and my new BFF Mr. Dyson.

Friday April 23rd - I ordered my Dyson online from www.dysoncanada.ca. How much was it you ask? $372 including tax and shipping! We bought a refurbished one that still comes with a 2 year warranty... how can you beat that?! Even if I only get 2 years out of it, I think it was money well spent. Moving on...

Wednesday April 28th - Pam, our cleaning lady (I hate that term, what should I be using?) came and made our house sparkle like new. It was our first time having someone else clean our house and WOW, it's awesome! She vacuumed using our old vacuum because my BFF hadn't arrived yet. Our carpets looked fantastic... she has a lot more patience with our vacuum than I do!

Thursday April 29th - The Dyson arrives!!! They said on the website that I would get it within 7 days, and they were right! I know that Pam was just here, but I had to see if it was as good as I had expected. I started in our bedroom and I filled the canister with dog hair, dirt and carpet pieces TWICE!! I even had to be careful where the carpet met the hardwood floor for fear that it would rip it up.

This is pretty gross, but I can't say enough in words to demonstrate the power of Dyson.
Here is the 1st canister full from our bedroom:
Photobucket

GROSS!!
and the 2nd canister...
Photobucket
That is from 1 room after it had been vacuumed by our previous vacuum!
If that didn't gross you out, here are the contents from our 3 carpeted bedrooms and basement rec. room... ready?

Photobucket
Isn't that sick? The bag was actually heavy! We played with our children on this disgusting carpet. What were we breathing in before now? I must say...it's the best $372 I've spent in a while! Ok except for my new camera! :)
Here is what our Dyson looks like... it's the DC-17.
If you don't own one, buy one, you'll love it!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, that dirt is old memories, you're not just going to throw that away are you? Besides, think of the immune systems Rylan and Tatum would have had if you stuck with your old vacuum. The manufacturers of the old one were just looking out for youe children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I have a feeling this is something Kevin might say? Not so anonymous now are ya?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting a Dyson for ages - but now that we bought a house, it has no carpet, so I feel like I can't justify the money! How is it on hardwood floors? Maybe I'll get my dream yet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's awesome Paula-our vacuum is getting old-it makes sense to spend the money on something that works well! Great posts you've got going-I'm reading backwards and saw the post on the sunscreen too-also very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ashlie - it's good on hardwood too, but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money. If you ever have carpet again, definitely go with a Dyson!

    ReplyDelete