Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day... Plant one on me!

How did you spend mother's day? It's half over here and we've been very, very busy!
I had a great morning with breakfast (still healthy as I'm not about to jeopardize my weightloss!), coffee and a beautiful card from my girls coloured by Rylan.

Photobucket

Later in the morning we stepped outside to plant approximately 34 perennials and 1 tree in our backyard. We are so proud of how it turned out!
Here are some photos to show you how much change has been made since last spring...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We started with a professional plan from Klomp's Landscaping in St. Marys. I'm so glad we went this route... I don't have time to research what plants work around a pool, in our soil and full sun.

Photobucket
I flipped it upside down because this is how I see the pool from the house.

Once I had the plan I used wood shims and paint stir sticks to label where everything would go. This was a great way to get a 3D plan!
Photobucket

$500 worth of plants doesn't look like a lot when they're bunched up on the patio!
Photobucket

Then just to be sure I set the plants down in their pots.
Photobucket

When I was happy with everything we put them in the ground!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So that's what we accomplished today! We still have to put some filter cloth down to keep some weeds out and top it off with some black mulch. I feel like I've been waiting forever to get this far. Last summer was annoying... it was hard to enjoy the pool with piles of dirt and weeds everywhere... not this year! Now we just need the temperature to shoot up about 20 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment