Thursday, February 18, 2010

Olympic Mania!

Ok, I can admit it. The girls and I have been spending an awful lot of time in front of the TV lately. I am wrapped right up in these Olympics! A few weeks ago I was at The Bay and they had just received a new shipment of Canadian Olympic gear. I picked up a red zip-up sweatshirt in a size 2 for Rylan and one in 6-12 months for Tatum. I also grabbed a pair of mittens for myself.
As I walked around looking for a wedding gift for my friend Jill (the reason I was even at The Bay) I started to feel guilty. My girls have SO many clothes, do they really need these sweatshirts? Would they even wear them enough to justify the $50? Probably not, so I put them back but did sneak my mitts in with my wedding gift purchase!
Then the Olympics begin, as does my obsession. Now my girls definitely NEED those sweatshirts! On Tuesday I couldn't wait to get the girls packed up and out to the mall. We get to The Bay and well... everything was gone!!! In kid sizes anyway. I was so disappointed and annoyed with myself. I managed to get a blue zip-up for Tatum in 0-6 month (they run big, so it's working out well), a boys large for myself in black and all I could find in a size 2 was a lousy T-shirt for Rylan!
We got home and back down into our own Olympic village, which is our TV room in the basement, and started watching more events... and that's when I saw it... a commercial for Olympic gear from Zellers! How could I forget that Zellers is a part of HBC!? As soon as Tony got home from work I rushed out feeling optimistic that I would be able to snag a size 2 hoodie for Ry. Once again I was disappointed after digging through multiple disorganized heaps of clothing in boxes. I did find an 18-24 month red zip-up that I bought anyway to try. Now to get Rylan to try it on. She has a thing for not wanting to do anything I want her to... I call it the terrible 2's. I'm hoping that term catches on ;) I finally convinced her to try it on after calling it her Scott & Tessa sweater. It is now a favourite!
Rylan & I (and Tatum too if she was old enough to understand) can't wait to watch Scott & Tessa skate this weekend! "I believe" Rylan says it best...

No comments:

Post a Comment