Monday, February 22, 2010

The quest to rid myself of this 'Mommy Tummy'

I hate it. Picture flesh coloured Jell-O that has been attacked by a tiger. Not pretty... and I apologize if I made anyone sick or discouraged anyone from getting pregnant. It doesn't happen to everyone, so take the chance! Actually, it didn't happen to me with Rylan.
I'm going to blame it on getting pregnant with Tatum less than a year after giving birth to Rylan. I don't know if it's true, but that's what I tell myself!
I definitely had a jelly belly after Rylan, but it seemed to de-jellofy (no, that's not actually a word) a lot sooner, plus I didn't get a single stretch mark when I was pregnant with Rylan. I thought I was home free for subsequent pregnancies but I guess not.
You may wonder why I am posting about this on my blog. The truth... I need motivation. We just put in a pool last summer and I do not plan on hiding under a sweatshirt in July like I'm doing now.I've got a lot of work to do. I wasn't in tip top shape when I got pregnant in the first place, so I not only want to get back to my pre-pregnancy state, but to my pre-marriage state.
So I figure I have 20lbs to lose and I'm giving myself until next Christmas. Seems fair. It's only 1/2 a pound a week! Sounds easy enough...
I am still breastfeeding exclusively, so I can't really cut my diet too much. My focus until I'm finished breastfeeding (probably June/July) is to develop a good workout regiment and make healthy food choices. So eating 1/2 a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for lunch will have to stop. Too bad because it was the best tasting lunch I've had in a long time!
I will be updating my stats weekly and I hope like hell there will be changes or I'm going to look like a fool! A fool who looks 4 months pregnant when I'm not even pregnant at all!
So here they are, I'm nervous typing this!
Weight: 146lbs (ok, now pretend you didn't read that)
Bust: 41" (hopefully once the milk is gone this stat will decrease, and lift!)
Waist: 39" (measured from my widest point... I think I can see the carrot cake poking out)
Hips: 37" (I'm an upside down triangle!)
Thighs: 20"
Bulging Biceps: 11"
Well, I've done it. Let the games begin!


4 comments:

  1. You are very brave, Paula! Best of luck on your quest! I started food journalling in November and it's been really helpful for me. It's much harder to forget that you ate 6 cookies in a row when you have to write them down! It's just a nice way to be accountable to yourself. I don't keep track of calories or anything, but it helps me be more aware of my fruits and veggies intake, and I try to keep track of how much water I drink. Although half a carrot cake sounds great right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashlie! I have heard of using a food diary, I think I will try it too. I certainly wouldn't be eating carrot cake for lunch if I had to write it down... or maybe I would just forget to write that down?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll join you! I want my body back! I gained 50+lbs when I was pregnant. I lost 15lbs from my 'normal' weight in time I was on mat leave with Sofia and now 5 months after Maizie is born I'm still 15lbs above my old 'normal'. GROSS! I started a new yoga club last week and cut my wheat in take in 1/2 and lost 5lbs last week. Not sure what did it. I'm still breast feeding exclusively and am certainly hoping that lots of my weight is in my boobs.
    (I tried to post my measurements on here but I don't have a tape measure big enough! LOL If I can find one, I will)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5lbs in a week?! I'm totally jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete